Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Weight Goals

Today, while talking to Suzanne on the phone, we determined that the weight on the scale can't be our only measure of our success. If it is, then I will be unmotivated when the scale doesn't go down. I think how I feel and how my clothing fits, as well as how I reach my fitness goals (specifically in the running department) also measure the success of The Plan.

Here are some satisfied, happy, and thrilled goals that I have:

Weight:

Right after my thyroid cancer treatment, I was at the highest non-pregnancy weight of my life. After that point, I lost about 15 lbs. and was struggling to lose beyond that. In all fairness, I must disclose that in addition to starting The Plan, my thyroid medication was also increased a few weeks prior to starting the healthy eating. I feel that the combination of diet, exercise, and medication has been key to my successful. So, since The Plan and medication adjustment I have lost an additional 13. From my current weight, here are my goals:

  • Satisfied:  -7 pounds (this would bring me to my pre-Tanner pregnancy weight)
  • Happy:  -12 pounds (this would bring me to my pre-Trevor pregnancy weight)
  • Thrilled goal:  -22 pounds (this would bring me to my pre-Skylar pregnancy weight)
  • Ecstatic: -27 (this would bring me to my pre-wedding weight)
I have no idea what I weighed in high school or before my wedding. 

Clothing:
  • Satisfied: Already met because I am down one pant size since The Plan (from a 12 to a 10) and two sizes since my cancer treatment (I was at a tight 14 pant and plus sized shirt)
  • Happy: Finding size 10 clothes that don't look huge on my legs since they have to fit around my larger stomach
  • Thrilled: Size 8. Never being asked again if I am pregnant when I am not
  • Ecstatic: Not needing a tummy tuck anymore because the size of pants I wear looks good on my tiny legs and my stomach
Fitness Goals:
  • Satisfied: Already satisfied that I ran 4 half marathons this summer
  • Happy: Finish a half marathon under 2 hours (my recent fastest is 2:02)
  • Thrilled: Set a half marathon PR (under 1:55:39 ) and/or complete a marathon
  • Ecstatic: Finish a marathon under 4 hours




2 comments:

  1. These are a fantastic set of goals. They satisfy the requirements of good goals: They make you stretch (no reverse pun intended). They are doable. They are measurable. And they have due date (well, you probably didn't mention one if you have one, or maybe you don't want a due date?) Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals. It's hard not to focus on weight loss as the MAIN goal or most important goal, but like we talked about, weight loss isn't always the best way to measure how well we're doing at our lifestyle changes. Keep up the good work. And thanks again for helping me when I'm struggling.

    ReplyDelete