Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Comments People Make When You & Your Husband Have Lost Weight (Part II)

Scott has listed some of the comments that people have made to him because he has lost 40 lbs. Here's what people say to me about his weight loss:

"You're not going to let him lose any more weight are you?"
"He's not going to lose any more weight is he?"
"Are you both still on that crazy diet?"

And here's the comments that some women have said to me now that I've lost 25 lbs:

the Spanards: "You've lost weight in your face and your breasts."
the Americans: "I'd go on a diet, but I don't want to lose weight in my breasts." (meaning, of course, that I've lost weight there).

Despite having lost 25 lbs, I still get this comment:

"Sister, you look like you're pregnant!" (which means that I'm still pear-shaped)

I guess I don't have to tell you that the Spanards don't know about tact and some Americans think they are being tactful, but aren't.

1 comment:

  1. I've got the same problem, mom. The more weight I lose, the smaller my boobs look, and the more glaring my tummy is. I'm trying to convince Nate to let me get a tummy tuck, but he's not on board. Guess having a husband that "loves you just the way you are" can be a drawback! Just teasing.

    I think u look amazing!

    ReplyDelete