Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Report Part I

On Thanksgiving Day here in Spain, we had almost no type of celebration because it was not a holiday. We had to put in our normal 7 to 8 hours at the temple. We did, however, have a (potentially) big Thanksgiving dinner at the temple cafeteria, prepared by brother Núñez, the director and chef of the cafeteria. I ate the turkey and some of the potatoes and gravy. I also had a few vegetables and a little bit of sweet potato. But I passed up the rolls, the drink, and the dessert, and I kept my portions within reasonable limits. So I'll give myself an A- for controlling my caloric intake while deviating a little from my strict plant-based nutritional program.

I am happy to report that the day after Thanksgiving my weight was down 0.4 pound from the previous day and the lowest I have ever weighed here in Spain! When was the previous time in my life that I lost weight on Thanksgiving? The answer to that question is easy: NEVER.

The next big challenge will be on Monday, when we have our Temple Missionary Conference and another Thanksgiving dinner. I'll report back on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment