Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Wrap-Up

I set a goal to not gain any weight over my Thanksgiving holiday. HA! I was weak and took not just one free day, but three! It was Rita's carmel popcorn that lured me to the other side. And then the pumpkin torte, donuts, brownies, pies, and other treats called my name. When I weighed myself this morning, I was up 2.9 lbs. Honestly, I would have guessed closer to 10!

On a good note, I made a goal not to eat any candy this month, and I stuck to it. That may sound easy, but I kid you not, we had Gummy Bears, Kit Kats, Peanut Butter M&Ms, Snickers, Sour Patch Kids, Mike & Ikes, Hersey Kisses, and Licorice Bits in the house. 

Now that I am back to real life, I am back on my plan! My next free day will be Christmas Eve and that is it! Today I woke up early and went to the gym (ran 3 miles, biked 10 minutes, and did another machine for 10 minutes, and abs), and then did my grocery shopping at Costco and Macey's. I ate very healthy today and feel completely committed to getting back on the plan.

My goal is to hit my pre-pregnancy weight by January. If I can reach that goal, it will have been since January 2010 that I was at that weight.

Wish me luck (and keep posting food ideas).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on achieving your goal of no candy. Congratulations for gaining only 2.9 pounds (yes, that's an achievement!). And congratulations on getting back to the whole-food plant-based program ASAP. Good luck to all of us. I'm give my second report later today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did awesome, all things considered. And we're back on our NP!! We'll take what we've learned to do better next time, right?? Hang in there and text or call if you need support.

    ReplyDelete